Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Time Stands Still for No One

Eleven years ago when I was a 20 year-old newlywed my mother-in-law was kind enough to give me this photo of her and Brian as a 4 month-old infant. I thought it looked "so old".


Yet, somehow, when I look at this picture of me as a young mother ten years ago holding my own child it seems as if it was taken this instant. I can still feel the weight of her round little body and see the intensity in her facial expression:
Where did the time go?
I mean, she's really not a baby anymore. The other day we were at a football game and Lilette pushed my hand down and looked around and hushed, "Mama, pointing is rude and I think some of my friends might be here, tonight." I started laughing and Brian and Miles began pointing at everything and saying, "Is this rude?", and, "What if I point at this?".

5 comments:

Jentry said...

I loved this post. I love your family, and think you are an amazing mother.

Brian and Beth said...

That is very sweet of you to say! It's not even close to true, unfortunately.

Eliason Style said...

I love the mother-baby pictures. And Lilette is awesome. I remember when my family would be talking too loud in the car and I would whisper-yell "Quiet! The window is open! Somebody might hear you!" The Embarrassment Years have begun.

Mamaface said...

I keep looking at this picture of Granmama and Brian and thinking, "Emmett?" Thus proving once again that I look like Brian.

Heather said...

That is the sweetest picture of you and her when she was a baby. She is adorable and I love the way she is looking at you.