Wednesday, September 2, 2009

You're a Peach

Gardening is new to us. We have a couple of peach trees in our back yard that the last owner planted. The first year we lived in our house they didn't produce anything edible. Last year they gave us a few very delicious peaches that we were able to enjoy and share.

This year this is what we had left AFTER we forced bags and bags onto our neighbors and Brian took bowls and bowls to work and of course we were full of peaches:
So I tried out some things I've never done before. I made 4 batches of peach freezer jam, I made some "Kuchen" (sort of open-face fruit pies with a kind of custard glaze).
My favorite peach creations so far have to be traditional American fresh peach pies with lattice crust tops. The recipe I found on-line is super easy and the most yummy thing I've made so far!


I made one for our Family Home Evening treat last Monday:

Next, I'm going to try making fruit leather in my oven. I read that it stays good up to 6 months in the freezer (so I can put it in the kids lunches). I'm learning :)

4 comments:

Megan {ShabbyBlogs} said...

Heaven!!! How awesome! I am totally jealous.

Mandy said...

Too bad we don't live closer, we would have GLADLY taken a bushel off your hands! :)

Jentry said...

I miss Utah peaches so much! It's probably peach days in Brigham City right now. It looks wonderful and I bet your creations are super tasty.

Heather said...

Mmmm, mouth watering stuff you made! I'm in a agreement with Mandy, I'd gladly take some of those peaches off your hands if I wasn't a few states away. You guys do the funnest activities with your kids.