Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Timmy's Home!

In Beth's family, Timmy is the unequivocal favorite. He left for boot camp for the Air Force Reserves 6 months ago & then stayed for training in Civil Engineering. He left a huge hole around here & we have all missed him very much. Even though he wasn't in combat or overseas, we are very thankful he is home safe. All the grand kids are excited to have their jungle gym back.

Here is a picture of Beth's mom (Debbie), Beth's younger brother (Timmy), & Beth at the Salt Lake City airport.

Below is a photo of Danny, Timmy, Beth's dad (Bill) & Debbie.

Below are pictures of Beth (& Tim's) maternal grandfather, Wm. Robert Hatch, during WWII:



Timmy after basic in Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX:


... and Beth (& Tim's) paternal grandfather, Wm. Harper Stoneman during WWII.

Here are a couple of videos of Timmy at the Salt Lake airport this morning:




We are very proud of Timmy serving our country & getting an education at the same time! Way to go, little bro!

Lilette & Miles gave their Uncle Timmy 2 mini nutcrackers wearing camouflage.

5 comments:

Jentry said...

So glad he's home. What a great guy!

The Metcalf Five said...

glad that he is home. It takes a special kind of person to serve their country. I love that you guys still call him Timmy. That was Tim's nickname too growing up but no one calls him that anymore. I also think it is cool that both of them are Tim and are in the military. 2 uncle Tim that serve in the military, go figure.

Brian and Beth said...

They still call me "Bethie"

Heather said...

Mom and I loved this post. What a good looking guy! Also loved the picture of Poppy. I miss having my grandparents!

Brian and Beth said...

I miss Poppy, too! And Mumzy of course. I'm making a family tree for the kids right now, so I've been trying to find wedding photos of them. I know that gas was rationed then so they didn't have a huge wedding party when they drove all the way down to the Logan Temple. I found one of them outside right after they were married in street clothes. I'm pretty sure that was the thing to do back then. I think coming out of the temple in you wedding dress & Tux came later. Bummer.