Saturday, January 3, 2009

First Saturday of the New Year

This Saturday we started the morning with the kids going to Home Depot to make the monthly project they provide free for children each first Saturday of the month. It was bookends. Football helmet bookends. Very useful. Luckily, Beth's father works at a Home Depot so we had an excuse to go see him and show off the kids' handy work.



Later we went up to Beth's Uncle John and Aunt Deb's home for an "After Holidays" get-together. It was a lot of fun. We got to see a lot of family we don't often get to see and there was a lot of good food. Before we got there, we stopped at a park nearby and let the kids sled a bit. Here are Lily and her cousin Jayden sledding down the hill:

At John and Deb's home. Left to right: Janna (cousin), John (uncle), Jessica (cousin), Deb (aunt)

Later, after eating and chatting a bit, the kids put on a little talent show. Here is Lily playing and a panoramic view of everyone listening:
Here is Lily and Miles' cousin Rossalynn playing the violin:

4 comments:

Mandy said...

It looks like you guys did lots of fun things over the holidays. Also I apprently had the wrong address for you guys in my address book and just got it a back a day or two ago even though I sent it over three weeks ago. So don't know if you would want it at this point anyways, I am sure you saw your moms, just let me know!!

Jentry said...

I'm so glad that you posted about this. We are so sad that we weren't there, but I hear it was lots of fun.

Brian and Beth said...

Mandy, I did see the Christmas card & adorable picture of Holden & Caleb. I'll e-mail you our right address for future reference.

Brian and Beth said...

Jentry, we missed you & Scott, too. It was a lot of fun. Your parents house looks GREAT! It was very sweet of them to invite us. They know how to throw a party!-Beth