Sunday, February 1, 2009

Jordan & Abbie


Yesterday was Beth's cousin Jordan's wedding. He was married to a very sweet girl named Abbie. Beth loves all things weddings and the bliss of marriage, so she enjoyed the day and events that transpired. The day began with their actual wedding at the Bountiful Temple. I unfortunately couldn't make it because I had an emergency business trip (which is a whole different story).

I was, however, able to go to their luncheon later that afternoon, which was very elegant. Highlights included Jordan singing a song on the piano to Abbie (he plays piano for a living at this time, so he is very talented), and they had some really good cheesecake.

Later that evening, we went to their reception at a beautiful center in Salt Lake. They had little candy bags to fill as favors as people waited in line to congratulate the happy couple and their parents. The candy was gummy bears and jelly beans that were colored to match their wedding colors (orange and navy). It was fun to see a lot of family, some of whom we never get to see much anymore. And there was more cheesecake.

Here are Lily, Beth, and Miles. Beth had done Lily's hair in curlers the night before.


Here is Tim (Beth's brother), Auntie Mary, and Henry (one of Beth's cousin Ben's son):


Here are Beth's parents with Jayden (Beth's sister Sandy's son):


And here is the happy couple dancing:


And cutting the cake:


We wish Jordan and Abbie a lifetime of happiness!

2 comments:

Eliason Style said...

How fun! I'm glad you enjoyed the cheesecake. Lily's hair looks amazing.

Case Family said...

Lily's hair is so beautiful. I wish my hair or Lillian's was that curly. oh well. I am sure I would want it straight if it was curly.