Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Distracting the Kids

On Sunday, it was my job to distract the kids whilst Beth was furiously sewing at her parent's house in Salt Lake. She's working on a suprise for Lily's birthday which I think I'm allowed to say since Lily does not read our blog, though she does enjoy looking at the pictures. Anyhow, being Sunday and being in Salt Lake, I decided to take the kids to Temple Square. They both told me they knew it was going to be really boring and repeatedly asked my why we were going since the only reason we would ever want to go in their mind would be for the Christmas lights. Since it was neither dark nor Christmas, and thus no hope of lights, they were determined to not enjoy our little forced outing.

However, instead of going onto Temple Square, we went accross the street to the Church History Museum. If you haven't been there, I highly recommend it, and doubly so if you have children. There is a little area on the top floor for kids to do fun activities such as dressing up in costumes, drawing, making CTR rubbings, building a temple out of an interesting assotment of blocks, a pretend hospital complete with baby dolls and birth certificates you can fill out, and a lot more. They even have a small area where you can pretend to be at the conference center. I didn't really get that one and we skipped it.
So here's Lilette and Miles doing some CTR rubbings:
Here they are playing in the "Lehi's Dream" area - (that board Miles is walking on is the straight and narrow path):

And here they are building temples:

They had a lot of fun and were actually sad when the museum closed and we had to leave.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh, how cool!!! Way to go, Dad! :)